What we read:
- How My Parents Learned to Eat
- Yoshi's Feast
- Japan ABCs: A Book About the People and Places of Japan
- "The Little Sparrow" from Mini Stories from Around the World (Mini Classics)
- Read about Daisuke from Children Just Like Me: A Unique Celebration of Children Around the World
What we did:
- Placed flag sticker and entry date on passport (Flag stickers and passports from Expedition Earth)
- Daily located country on the world map. Reviewed capital. Reviewed all countries and capitals learned so far.
- Completed Japan coloring page from Around the World Coloring Book
- Geography Songs Song #17 Asia - Sang daily.
- Dressed the Japan doll from Sticker Dolly Dressing Around the World.
- Learned more about Japan from National Geographic Kids.
- Listened to Japanese on the TIME for Kids website.
- Tried to do origami. It's really hard. Our friend Paxton did manage to make a dog. And I was able to follow the directions in Geography Through Art to make a frog.
- Made koinobori from Geography Through Art.
- Stamped passports with exit date
|Our koinobori. I did not tell Olivia that this is a boy-thing. We can just pretend her's represents Thomas. I just was too lazy to do more than one art project.|
|PB&J "sushi" that I found on Pinterest. They scarfed it down, but John said he likes the regular California roll better.|