What we read:
- "How the Camel Got His Hump" from Just So Stories.
- "The Snake Charmer" from Mini Stories from Around the World (Mini Classics)
- Read about Sarala from Children Just Like Me: A Unique Celebration of Children Around the World
- Children's Amazing Places Encyclopedia (Childrens Encyclopedia) -- selections about places in India
What we did:
- Placed flag sticker and entry date on passport (Flag stickers and passports from Expedition Earth)
- Daily located country on the world map. Reviewed capital. Reviewed all countries and capitals learned so far.
- Completed India coloring page from Around the World Coloring Book
- Geography Songs Song #16 Southeast Asia - Sang daily.
- Dressed the India doll from Sticker Dolly Dressing Around the World.
- Learned more about India from National Geographic Kids.
- Listened to Indian on the TIME for Kids website.
- Painted a peacock from our Home Art Studio DVD.
- Attempted a batik-style painting from Geography Through Art.
- Stamped passports with exit date
I am also finding that I am a bit lazy about the cooking I had planned. Maybe it is the fact that I am on a diet, but I need to start working those cooking projects into our days.